Smoothies are an excellent way to boost your nutritional intake without compromising your diet. Using the right ingredients, smoothies can be altered for weight loss, sleep aid, or even gut cleansing. In this article, we are going to look at 10 great smoothies which will fill you up.
Leafy greens are extremely nutritious and can be an excellent addition to your weight loss smoothie recipes. Some of the most satisfying options include spinach, kale, and romaine. It is advisable to rotate your greens to provide your body with a wide range of nutrients. Also, always choose fresh or frozen produce whenever possible to avoid incorporating chemicals and pesticides into your smoothie.
Green Smoothie Bowl With Hemp Seeds and Mangoes Recipe
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 handfuls baby kale (or spinach)
- 1 bananas
- ½ cup mango, diced
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- handful ice
Combine all the ingredients into a blender and process until smooth. Transfer into a bowl and serve with favorite toppings (e.g. red Russian kale sprouts, hemp seeds, or honey)
Vanilla Cinnamon Green Smoothie
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 small avocado
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 handful spinach
Process in a blender until smooth and creamy!
Mango-coconut green smoothie
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 medium banana
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- 1 cup fresh or frozen mango cubes
- 1 cup of fresh spinach leaves
- 3/4 cup of light canned coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter
Put all the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Transfer into glasses and add favorite toppings. Enjoy with a straw!
Leprechaun Protein Smoothie
- ½ water
- 3 to 6 drops liquid Stevia extract
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted pistachio nuts
- ¼ cup vanilla or egg white protein powder or plain whey protein
- fresh mint or mint extract to taste
- ¼ cup fresh baby spinach
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- ice cubes (optional)
Wash the spinach and mint, prepare the avocado, and puree with the other ingredients in a blender until smooth. Serve!
Green Warrior Protein Smoothie
- 2 tablespoons packed fresh mint leaves
- 1/3 cup frozen mango
- 3-4 tablespoons hemp hearts, to taste
- 1 medium stalk celery, chopped
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 large sweet apple, cored and roughly chopped
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 cup fresh red grapefruit juice
- 4 ice cubes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of virgin coconut oil
Combine the grapefruit juice, mint, mango, hemp, celery, cucumber, apple, spinach, ice, and coconut oil in a blender. Blend until super smooth, adding water as needed. Serve into a glass and drink right away!
Fruits are also packed with nutrition and can keep you feeling full for a long time. Berries, in particular, are rich in fiber that is known to be very satisfying. They are also low on the GI (glycemic index) and do not have a negative effect on your blood sugar. Furthermore, they are concentrated with antioxidants that remove potentially harmful oxidizing agents in the body. Blackberries and raspberries are two of the best options in terms of fiber content, while acai berries, goji berries, and blueberries are great antioxidants.
You can also incorporate seeds such as flax seeds, hemp, and chia into your recipe for a filling smoothie. These seeds are extremely rich in fiber, omega 3 fatty acids, magnesium, and the B vitamins. They are also very high in protein and potassium.
Other ingredients such as bananas come with many health benefits. Bananas are a great source of fiber, carbohydrates, and certain essential minerals and vitamins. These fruits help curb feelings of hunger and subsequently prevent overeating. In fact, bananas have been shown to be more satisfying than other high calorie snacks. A single medium banana contain about 12 percent of your daily recommended intake, with only 105 calories.
Vanilla Milkshake Smoothie
- 1/2 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 frozen banana
- 120ml vanilla soy milk
- 125g soft tofu
Combine all the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth, roughly one minute. Serve!
Cinnamon Apple Smoothie
- 1 medium apple
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 raw almonds
- 220 ml coconut water
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 1/2 scoop of unsweetened protein powder
Mix all the ingredients in a blender and pulse for about 10 to 15 seconds. Add 3 ice cubes to chill if you are drinking it immediately; otherwise, store in the refrigerator to cool overnight.
Mixed Berries and Chia seeds smoothie
- 1/2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 120 ml cup water
- 120 ml unsweetened pomegranate juice
- 75 grams frozen mixed berries
Toss all the ingredients into a blender and process until smooth. Spread some extra chia seeds over the top (if desired) and enjoy!
Green Vanilla Pineapple Smoothie
- 67 grams kale
- 70 grams frozen pineapple
- 50 grams frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 85g vanilla nonfat Greek yoghurt
- 177 ml water
Blend all the ingredients together until you achieve a smooth consistency. Enjoy immediately!
Mixed Fruit Smoothie
- 30 grams spinach
- 240 ml chilled coconut water
- 1/4 cucumber
- 1 frozen banana
- 70 grams papaya
- 100 grams pineapple
Puree everything until smooth. Pour into a glass and enjoy immediately.